Ballard Machine Works is a full-service machine shop in Ballard, WA. Born out of an abundant desire to be creative, Ballard Machine Works provides local, personal service for every client – including business, individuals, and inventors.
We are seeking a stellar, full-time (40 hour/week) Assistant Production Manager. Part-time will be considered. This position supports the owner/production manager, and is responsible for helping with production flow, data entry and job tracking using ProShop software, inventory and parts delivery, as well as making deposits, sending invoices, and other general functions of our office. We are looking for a smart, kind, organized person, who is curious, asks questions, likes problem solving, and finding creative solutions to the questions we haven’t yet asked.
Salary: $18/hr – $25/hr based on experience and qualifications. Ballard Machine Works provides healthcare, dental, and 401K benefits.
- Provide support to the owner by helping with phone, customer questions, and front office tasks, production flow, data entry, invoices and reports using ProShop software
- Inventory management, shipping, and local deliveries of parts
- Manage client information and shared documents and folders, including physical master files of part drawings
- Coordinate and/or complete the preparation of documents such as those related to purchasing, invoicing, and other budget expenditures
- Help maintain supply & equipment inventories, and help manage tools, materials, and machines
- Send and follow-up on client invoices
- Pay bills, and keep vendor accounts organized for our bookkeeper and accountant
- Process and prepare accurate bank deposits
- Ensure compliance with required WA state labor laws, posters, and paperwork
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but 3 + years of work-experience and excellent interpersonal / organizational skills may substitute. Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills, with an ability to work professionally, productively, and collegially with a broad range of people
- Proficiency in MS Office, with expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Competency with, or a willingness to learn, other software programs, including ProShop, WordPress and QuickBooks
- Self-directed learner, able to manage your time and projects, takes responsibility for meeting goals, objectives, obligations, and solving problems
- Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency. Evaluates information effectively in the face of ambiguity. Makes appropriate decisions based on relevant information and experience.
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Condition of Employment:
The individual in this position will be working in an office / environment, sitting most of the day; required concentration, repetitive motion, and occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds. You will be supporting an active machine shop in a Cubicle/Open workspace environment and will need to demonstrate your ability to prioritize and multi-task with frequent interruptions, and which may result in additional or higher levels of noise and visual distractions. Must have regular and reliable transportation for local travel and willing to travel when necessary.
Appointment of the successful candidate to this position may be made contingent upon a satisfactory outcome of a criminal conviction history check.
What is important to being a part of the team at Ballard Machine Works?
We believe in:
- Continuous Improvement- Both for our own professional development and for the services we provide our clients, becoming an ever-better version of ourselves and for our clients is important to the very core of Ballard Machine Works. We want to improve and innovate constantly and consistently; this is a core value that is important to the organization and our success.
- Rolling Up Sleeves- No matter your level in the organization, you’re willing to dive in headfirst to get work done and support the team. No one is above lending a hand and ensuring what needs to get done to achieve success is done.
- Transparency- We believe in being honest with our clients and with ourselves in order to become the best people, co-workers, and advisors to our clients that we can be.
- Creativity- Our clients rely on our ability to be creative, to think “outside of the box”, and to deliver winning solutions. Being creative at Ballard Machine Works is a core value and should be fostered on a personal and professional level.
- Craftsmanship- Our work is our art and we want to apply attention to detail, pride, and the highest quality behind every client account and company project we work on.
- Experiences- Learning by experience is the way we grow. We shouldn’t be afraid of failure if we’re trying, learning, and moving forward. We should push ourselves to try new things both personally and professionally.